Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Like That Actor: Julia Roberts - Part 3

Julia started moving toward a mix of serious roles and some romantic comedies. 


Conspiracy Theory





Here is a conspiracy theory of my own.  The flatter Julia's hair, the less I've seen the movie.  I saw this when it came to video as I had to sell it.  I remember Mel Gibson typing a serial killer looking newsletter.  The only other part is where Julia Roberts is on a treadmill listening to headphones.  Mel is in his car watching her through a window and scanning the radio until he finds the song to match her singing.  That is creepy.


Stepmom





I remember seeing the trailer for this movie and tearing up.  I love that there are no real bad guys in this movie.  Susan Sarandon is wonderful and the kids feel real.  Good movie.  And it still makes me cry.

Notting Hill





This movie made me fall in love with the Alison Krauss version on "When You Say Nothing At All".  The movie is cute as well.  I also adore the Alec Baldwin cameo.     Very sweet romantic comedy and the supporting cast are all great. 

I also like the dinner party scene.

[who will get the last brownie?]
Anna Scott: Wait, what about me?
Max: Sorry, you think *you* deserve the brownie?
Anna Scott: Well a shot at it at least huh?
William: Well, you'll have to fight me for it, this is a very good brownie.
Anna Scott: I've been on a diet every day since I was nineteen, which basically means I've been hungry for a decade. I've had a series of not nice boyfriends, one of whom hit me. Ah, and every time I get my heart broken, the newspapers splash it about as though it's entertainment. And it's taken two rather painful operations to get me looking like this.
Honey: Really?
Anna Scott: Really. And, one day not long from now, my looks will go, they will discover I can't act and I will become some sad middle-aged woman who looks a bit like someone who was famous for a while.
Max: [long pause] Nah, nice try gorgeous, but you don't fool anyone.
William: Pathetic effort to hog the brownie.
Runaway Bride





The great reunion of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.  It was cute.  I wrote about this one.


Erin Brockovich





Ed Masry: What makes you think you can just walk in there and take whatever you want?
Erin Brockovich: They're called boobs, Ed.

She won an Oscar and deserved it. 


The Mexican





Aren't these two a pile of adorable.  They tried for quirky, but couldn't decide how far to take it.

America's Sweethearts





Hmmm.....   Oh sorry, got distracted by John Cusack.  Good cast, Catherine Zeta-Jones needs to do more comedies. 

Ocean's 11





Another one I've written about.


Looks like there is going to a be a part 4.  See you then!













No comments:

Post a Comment