Monday, January 2, 2012

Top 25 Films of 2011.

So a lot of movies came out in 2011. Where was I? I know I didn't see nearly as many movies this years as I have in the past. But what did I see and why?




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2

Of course I saw this movie.  My son and I have seen every Harry Potter movie together.  It was really good and the whole saga was one of my son's Christmas presents.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon ($352M)

No.  I saw the first two in the theater.  Between that and Indiana Jones 4, I have had enough Shia LeBeouf to last a lifetime.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 ($266M)

I swear I didn't take the day off to see this.  It just happened to be my day off.  DON"T JUDGE ME!

The Hangover Part II ($254M)

Not a bad follow up.  It got my husband to the theater.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides ($241M)

Saw in 3D with my son.  I can't see 3D well enough to appreciate it.  And, I will admit here, I fell asleep just a little bit.  Haven't done that in the theater since "Lord of the Rings".

Fast Five ($210M)
Cars 2 ($191M) 

Lumping these together.  Didn't see any car movies, real or cartoon.  But my two year old nephew is a huge fan.  Wants his mom to race in traffic.  "RACE, GO GO GO".  (He is watching "Cars 2 by the way)

Thor ($181M)

They are running out of super heroes.  Just a no on this one.  No desire whatsoever.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes ($177M)

Might catch it on cable sometime.  No driving need to see it.

Captain America: The First Avenger ($177M)

Same as "Thor".

The Help ($169M)

Great book.  Excellent adaptation.  Successful in never making me want homemade chocolate pie.  Ever.  Loved it.

Bridesmaids ($169M)

Hilarious.  My husband went and enjoyed it too.  Need more of these.  Melissa McCarthy stole the show.

Kung Fu Panda 2 ($165M)

Haven't seen the first one.  And I don't have an appropriate aged child.  I did my time with the Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles.  Maybe when I get grandchildren someday in the far away future.  My kid needs to move out first.

X-Men: First Class ($146M)

No.  Saw the first one.  Don't need to see more.

Rio ($144M)

See "Kung Fu Panda 2" except the sequel part. 

The Smurfs ($143M)

I had the Smurfs in the eighties.  I am good.

Puss in Boots ($142M)

I prefer my Antonio Banderas live action.  I'll watch "Evita" instead.

Super 8 ($127M)

Might catch on cable.  I had the original Spielberg classics.  Don't know if I need to recapture, but will give it a chance.  Maybe.

Rango ($123M)

Also prefer my Johnny Depp in live action. 

Horrible Bosss ($118M)

Very funny.  I have almost all those bosses.  Not telling which ones. 

Green Lantern ($117M)

Yeah, again, see "Thor".

The King's Speech ($116M)

Colin Firth won the Oscar and deserved it.  Very good movie.

Hop ($108M)

Man, parents must be at the movies all the time! 

Paranormal Activity 3 ($104M)

Saw this in the nineties when it was called "The Blair Witch Project".  I am good.

Just Go with It ($103M)

Saw it on cable.  Meh.

Hope 2012 has more movies. I hope it has some better movies.  Considering what Hollywood has done lately, they need to step up their game to get me into theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment