Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is This A Movie I Wanted To See?

When I am watching DVDs or Blu-Rays, one of the things I like to do is watch the original theatrical trailer.

I just wonder if it is a movie that I would want to see based on the trailer. 

For example, "Vacation".  One of my favorite movies.  But the trailer doesn't catch the heart of the movie. 


 

I love the old voice overs and epic music for the movie trailers. 



This was from the rerelease some years later.  But still epic.  I would watch the movie.



I always find it interesting when the current comedies come out with a bunch of dialogue that didn't make the final cut.  That gets frustrating when you are waiting for the funny part to come up.  On the other hand, those movies that show all the funny parts in the trailer, it is better.




Another of my favorites, but not a hint of the storyline.  You don't know anything about poor Emma or all that happens to her.  It would be a sad discovery in the theater when you are expecting a sweet romantic comedy and finding a big Oscar drama. 

Trailers are interesting.  I do love the recut trailers that show how manipulative they can be.



You can't even trust the trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment