Monday, January 30, 2012

I Like That Actor: Julia Roberts Part 4

Julia started mixing it up a little.  Her next movie was blink and you'll miss it with Sam Rockwell as Chuck Barris of "Gong Show" fame.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind




She is sexy and mysterious and turns out to be a bad guy.  It is an interesting movie.  I personally do not believe that the host of "The Gong Show" was a government assassin.


Full Frontal





Doesn't she look like Jane Fonda in "Klute"?




I wonder if that was on purpose.  I have never seen "Full Frontal".


Mona Lisa Smile





Julia is an art history teacher in the fifties at a women's college.  She is a bit controversial.  She is thirty, unmarried and putting ideas in young girls' heads.   Plus look at that flat hair.  As the movie goes on her hair gets more curly, which shows just how wild she is.


Closer





Another I haven't seen.  It also had Natalie Portman, Jude Law and Clive Owen.  I heard that it had filthy language and lots of partner swapping.  Flat hair, so I guess that held me back.


Ocean's Twelve





So Julia Roberts was a little pregnant with twins when this movie was filming.  She knew when the movie came out she would be a lot pregnant and they wrote it into the script.  Matt Damon's character, who didn't seem to notice that Tess looked like Julia Roberts in the first movie is obsessed with it in the second movie.   Haven't seen it in a while. The first and third movie (which Julia isn't in) are the best in the series.

Charlotte's Web





This is the obligatory, "I have kids and I want to make a movie that they can watch".  She had twins Phinneus and Hazel.  Did she watch a lot of sixties television while she was pregnant? 

Charlie Wilson's War





She is five months pregnant with her third child while filming this scene.  This is why we hate movie stars.  They don't even have the decency to look disgusting while halfway through their pregnancy.  The movie is alright.   I love Tom Hanks in it too.

Fireflies in the Garden





Don't know this movie at all.  Apparently she plays Ryan Reynold's mother.  Not sure how that works.  Maybe it's on Netflix.


Duplicity





And I call myself a fan.  I haven't seen this one either.  I know from the trailers that it is some kind of spy vs spy double cross thing. 


Valentine's Day





I like this movie.  It is cute.  Stay through the credits and catch the "Pretty Woman" reference.  Bradley Cooper is cute and they have great chemistry.   I just don't see how we are to believe that Hector Elizondo and Shirley MacLaine made her though.





Don't see it.

Eat, Pray, Love





Julia is unhappy.  Flat hair.






Julia happy, look at the body and curls.  I read the book and found it a little too something.  Liz seemed selfish and not real.  At least in the move there was a little more ownership. 


Larry Crowne





It's on my Netflix queue.   Don't judge me.  I've been busy.


Mirror Mirror





I so want to see Julia as the evil queen.  Big hair!  Bigger dresses.  I am there.

Love you Julia.  See you again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment