Saturday, December 31, 2011

Netflix



So, how did I end my year of movies?

I subscribed to Netflix.  I had done the DVD in the mail thing a few years ago, but after getting movie channels I decided to cut the expense.  Plus we'd had a movie sitting on our entertainment center for almost a month gathering dust.

But I was bored and wanted to find some old episodes of some TV shows.  In my research I found that most episodes are on Hulu or Netflix.  So I announced that I would be signing up for Netflix streaming to my husband. 

"I thought there weren't any good movies on streaming."

"It's better now."

So I spent the afternoon while he was napping watching "Hot Tub Time Machine", episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Glee".  I started to watch the Swedish version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".  I am slightly tired and didn't feel like reading a movie. 

We had gotten an XBox as a family Christmas present.  I heard that you could watch Netflix through the XBox and watch them on your regular television.  I called my son in to set it up.  He is much faster with that. 

My husband was hesitant about it.  The searching didn't come naturally and he couldn't find a movie immediately.  Then it happened.  I talked.

"You know they have "Rockford Files" on here."



My husband was sold.  They show "Rockford Files" every afternoon and my husband watches it almost every day.  He has it set on our DVR.  Soon he found "Columbo"



As we speak we are watching an episode featuring Johnny Cash and Boss Hogg. 

I have created a Netflix monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment