Friday, November 4, 2011

The Great "Top Gun" Viewing. (Part One)



“Top Gun”

When you have been in a relationship for over 23 years, you get to a point where you think you know everything about your husband. My husband rarely shares things that are new to me. It isn’t a bad thing. It is comforting to have someone that knows what you mean, even over a text message they can sense your sarcasm.

But last night my husband surprised me. I was talking to my son about the most adorable thing I have seen in ages. It was a pair of eight month old twins dressed as Maverick and Goose and in a tricked out wagon that looked like a fighter jet. Their dad was wearing a flag suit and pulling the wagon with a boom box playing “Danger Zone”. It was awesome.




As my son was googling it, I said. “You haven’t seen “Top Gun”.”

“Yes I have.” He told me.

“Really.” I was a shocked.

Then my husband spoke up.

“I’ve never seen “Top Gun”.”

My jaw hit the floor.

“Seriously?” I sputtered out.

“I only saw one movie that year.”

“What movie?”

“Back to School”.”

“Rodney Dangerfield?”

“Yeah, I took a date.”



“What?”

“We went to “Back to School” and then Taco Johns for dinner.”

“Wow. "Back to School" and Taco Johns. Classy.  Wonder why that one didn't work out.”

“She wanted it to work out.  Trust me.  Besides, I took you to Taco Johns on dates. You’d get a beef burrito with extra cheese.”

“I was in college, I had lower standards. I just can’t believe you’ve never seen “Top Gun” that is crazy.”

“No. I’ve never seen young hot Kelly McGillis or young hot Tom Cruise.”

“You have to watch “Top Gun”. We now have plans for the weekend.”

“I already know that Goose dies.”

“Don’t care. We're watching it.”

So, tomorrow night we are going to watch “Top Gun”. I will blog about the reactions of a first time viewer of this classic movie. Soon my husband will see all the great dog fighting, the beach volleyball and a young, still sweet, Meg Ryan.

I can’t wait.   Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment