Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blog Interrupted By Stephen King

My apologies. I have been caught in another world.

The new Stephen King book came out today. “11/22/63”. I had the day off for other reasons and hadn’t actually realized today was the day until I got the email saying it was ready for my e-reader. I had things to do this morning so after lunch I settled in with my new book. It sucked me in immediately. So much that when my sister-in-law called to remind me that I was giving her a ride to work, I was totally shocked to see four hours had passed.

So today’s topic is about a movie I’d like to see.

King is a great writer. He creates an amazing world. There are very few of his books that I haven’t read more than once. Usually multiple times.

Right now there are a lot of his books in some stage of development in Hollywood. One of my favorites is “Rose Madder”. It is a really good book. It is the story of a woman who escapes a terrible marriage and starts building a new life. Her husband comes find her and she has a supernatural experience that saves her.

I actually fell in love with the audio of this book. It was read by Blair Brown and Stephen King. I love audio books where the author reads. I think it adds to the story. We are hearing it with the author’s intent. I have listened to this book many times and it still has the emotional impact of the first time.

So I would like to cast the main roles of this book.

For Rose: Kate Winslet.



She can do vulnerable and strong.  I would love to see her in this role.  I would also love to see her kick some major butt.

For Norman: Vince Vaughn.



If you don't think he can do homicidal and crazy, see "Clay Pigeons".  Plus Norman has to be charming.  See the same movie. 

Gertie: Queen Latifah.




She is strong and can act.  This would give her a little bit of a stretch from some of the things she done lately.  Plus I really like her.

Anna Stevens:  Helen Mirren.



She can do classy and carries herself like a queen.  Of course she has played a queen. 

Cynthia:  Mila Kunis.




She is coming into her own.  I can see her as the damaged Cynthia who still has the attitude.  I can see her with the piercings and a tattoo or two.

I can't imagine anyone in the role of Bill.  He as to be sweet and not to macho.  I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.  I also can't think of anyone for Pamela.  She is important too. 

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment