Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Movies I Am Looking Forward To

As you may have guessed, I love going to the movies.  There are movies that I need to see in the theater.  This list has winnowed down over the years.  It used to take months and months before a movie was out for rental or purchase and even longer before it hit cable.  Now it seems that a movie is only in the theater for a few weeks and in a couple of months it is on DVD and within six months it is on cable over and over again. 

I try to see all the Oscar nominees.  At the very least the Best Picture nominees and if I can swing it, all the best actor and actress nominees.  But there are also movies I just want to see. 

I don't understand how people can just blindly go to a movie.  It is amazing to me to be waiting in line for my ticket and hear the group in front of me saying "That movie starts in ten minutes, how about that one?"

Seriously?

Granted I want to get my money's worth.  There have only been a few movies I paid for that I have walked out disappointed.  Especially with the explosion of movie information on the intermet.  I have usually been anticipating movies for months or longer.  So I will tell you the movies I am looking forward to this fall. 

"J. Edgar"

This movie is getting a lot of Oscar buzz.  Leonardo DiCaprio runs a little hot and cold with me.  There are movies I like of his.  "Titanic", "The Departed" and "Catch Me If You Can", are a few examples.  Others such as "The Aviator" and "Revolutionary Road" didn't move me.  

The trailer looks good and it is directed by Clint Eastwood.  We'll see.  Coming out this early, it could be on DVD before the Oscars.

"Twilight:Breaking Dawn Part I"

Don't judge me!  I gotta see it.  I have seen all the other movies and will write about them before the new one comes out.  I read the books too.  They aren't high art, but they are like fast food.  I know it isn't good for me.  It is a little cheesy.  But heck, sometimes you want a little junk food.  I told you I like vampires.  I know Louis would kick Edward's butt. 
"New Year's Eve"

It is what a good movie friend of mine calls a sweet little piece of fluff.  It has a great cast.  It should be a lot of fun.  Are you still judging me?  Stop looking at me like that. 

"Young Adult"

This is the new movie written by Diablo Cody.  She has a stupid name but does some smart writing.  It is about a former Mean Girl who goes back to her home town and tries to steal her high school boyfriend back from his wife and new baby.  It looks funny and dark.
"Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows"

The first movie was a lot of fun.  I like Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law.  The trailer looks hilarious.  And I might get my son or husband to join me for this one. 


"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"

I have tried to read this book about a dozen times.  There are pages and pages of history about a financial firm.  I just can't get past it.  But everyone is talking about how great it is.  I will see the movie and then maybe try the book again. 

This takes me to Christmas Day. 

There are a few more I will see if they are nominated or if I just need to get away from the house during the NFL season.   It looks like it will be a good movie season over the next couple of months.

What movies are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment