Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back To Work

On Monday I went back to work.  The first day was really hard.  I had to work all day!  I have spent the last eight weeks in yoga pants with the ability to nap at will.

Things are wild and crazy and I am working to jump back into it.  So many people greeted me and welcomed me back.  Then I get to tell my "surgery" story.  That is fun too.  I have several versions depending on the level of interest. 

Most people give me the head tilt.






They smile gently, sometimes touch my arm with the tips of their fingers.   Then a quiet, almost whisper.

"How are you?"

"Fine.  Thanks."  I answer just as quietly.

They nod and go on with their day.

Others are more interested.





But not in my surgery, more in my time off. 

"So did you get bored?" 

"What did you watch?"

"Are you happy to be back?"

If they don't already read my blog, I don't admit to what I really watched.

"Oh, I just got a lot of rest and I am glad to be back." 

Then there are the people that want to know!





I try to gauge their reaction on how much of the nitty gritty they really want.   Sometimes I go a little far but most people make their limits clear right away.

It is nice to feel like they missed me.  I figure next week all bets are off. 

I am going to get back to my daily posting too starting today!  See you tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I lovr the pictures you chose. I wish you luck at work.

    ReplyDelete