Friday, August 17, 2012

Walking In The Woods

I have been making little goals for myself.  I need to push myself a little more each day and do a little more.  If I don't I will never make my big goal. 

I have discovered many things over the last week.  I was scared for the first couple of days.  I was walking funny, my ankles were incredibly sore and I didn't know if I could keep it up.  But after three days of steady walking I realized my ankles didn't ache.  I could go a little farther every day. 

I found out that I really need to fix my walking music shuffle so I don't play "Bad Medicine" over and over. 

But today when I was walking I discovered that I liked it.  It came to me as I walked down the bike path.  The song "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele came on and the wind was in my face and the sun was shining.   I heard a noise in the bushes and looked to see a doe running through the woods.  We both paused and looked at each other.


Not my deer.  She wouldn't pose.

She ran off her way and I continued on mine.  It felt like a sign.  I took a deep breath.  I picked up my pace and kept going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment