Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Plan For The Year To Come

I have spent a lot of this year in a recliner.  I even got a new one not too long ago.




But recliner time is not good for the body.  With my surgery being six months ago now, I have decided that it is time to get in better shape.  While round is a perfectly nice shape for some things, it is not the healthiest shape for humans.

So on August 11th I am participating in a 5K for charity.  Anyone that knows me even a little bit knows that I am built for comfort not for speed.   My current goal is to finish, hopefully not last and not to die doing it.

After that occasion, which I will live blog from the trail, I will start training for my next goal.  I will in August or September of 2013 run a 10K.  That's right, I will run it.  It will take a year of training and hard work, but I need to do this. 

There is so much I still want to do in my life. 

  • I want to dance at my son's wedding.  (As soon as he meets that special person. Get going kid!)
  • I want to hold and spoil my future grandchildren. (Hint, hint, Son!)
  • I want to visit every state in the USA. (I have a good start, but a way to go)
  • I want to tour the prison they filmed "Shawshank Redemption".
  • I want to publish a novel.
  • I want to see Europe. 
  • I want to grow old with my husband. 

So I will start my quest toward a longer life.  I will run there.  I know that I am going to get discouraged and my natural tendency is to be lazy.  But I am going to do it.  This blog showed me that I can commit to a project and see it through.  I will still blog about movies, but I'm going to blog about this too.

Here it goes!  Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment