But recliner time is not good for the body. With my surgery being six months ago now, I have decided that it is time to get in better shape. While round is a perfectly nice shape for some things, it is not the healthiest shape for humans.
So on August 11th I am participating in a 5K for charity. Anyone that knows me even a little bit knows that I am built for comfort not for speed. My current goal is to finish, hopefully not last and not to die doing it.
After that occasion, which I will live blog from the trail, I will start training for my next goal. I will in August or September of 2013 run a 10K. That's right, I will run it. It will take a year of training and hard work, but I need to do this.
There is so much I still want to do in my life.
- I want to dance at my son's wedding. (As soon as he meets that special person. Get going kid!)
- I want to hold and spoil my future grandchildren. (Hint, hint, Son!)
- I want to visit every state in the USA. (I have a good start, but a way to go)
- I want to tour the prison they filmed "Shawshank Redemption".
- I want to publish a novel.
- I want to see Europe.
- I want to grow old with my husband.
So I will start my quest toward a longer life. I will run there. I know that I am going to get discouraged and my natural tendency is to be lazy. But I am going to do it. This blog showed me that I can commit to a project and see it through. I will still blog about movies, but I'm going to blog about this too.
Here it goes! Wish me luck.