Friday, August 5, 2011

"Dirty Dancing" 1987

Dirty Dancing (20th Anniversary Edition)
“Dirty Dancing”

“Nobody puts Baby in the corner”.

Who hasn’t wanted a hunky guy from the wrong side of the tracks that is really sensitive and a great dancer to rescue you from a boring life?

I have watched this movie so many times. I don’t remember the first time, but I didn’t see it in the theater. The viewing that sticks out in my mind happened just a few years ago. The movie had come on TV and my husband came in the room.

“Is it almost over?” He asked.

“No, Penny hasn’t even had her botched abortion yet.”

“Penny has an abortion?”

“Yes. That is why Baby has to learn to dance with Johnny because Thursday is the only day the doctor is in the area performing the abortions and no one else can cover.”

He looked perplexed and I decided we needed to start at the beginning and watch the whole thing. I am sure he wasn’t thrilled, but he was a good sport.

I am sure I am using the “I love this movie” too much on this blog already, only two weeks in, but it is great. The music is fun, the acting a little over the top and it is a classic fairy tale.

“I’ve Had The Time of My Life” was my prom theme. It was probably a lot of people's prom theme if they went to high school in the late eighties. It made me sad to hear Patrick Swayze died. He will always be Johnny Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment