Thursday, June 28, 2012

What A Day To Be Born!

I checked out the birthdays of the day.  I can't believe how many awesome people were born today!  There were 799 on IMDB.  I only picked the ones I know.   






First off, the love of my movie life, John Cusack is 46 today.   Love you John!  Thanks for "Say Anything" and "Grosse Point Blank".  Call me!






Kathy Bates is 64 today.  She won an Oscar for her role as Annie Wilkes.  She did a nude scene in "About Schmidt".  She is in one of my favorites, "Fried Green Tomatoes".  TOWANDA!!!  Have a great birthday,  can't wait to see what you do next.






Mel Brooks is 86 today.  He wrote, directed and starred in my son's favorite movie, "Spaceballs".  He had a long marriage to Anne Bancroft.  I hope he enjoys more birthdays.  Thanks for making my son laugh, no matter how many times he watches your movies.





Mary Stuart Masterson is 46 today too.  She is the embodiment of spunk.  I am not seeing enough of her.  Why isn't she starring on a great drama on Showtime? 






He is gone now, but Pat Morita was born today too.  Thanks for Mr. Myagi, you were awesome.  You should have kicked Daniel-Son's whiny butt. 






Gilda Radner left us too soon.  She was so funny and self-effacing.  She even joked about the cancer that killed her.  She was more crass than classy, but she was real.  You felt like you could sit down with her and have a beer.  Miss you Gilda!





So happy birthday to all the others on the list.  I may or may not know all of you, but you've helped contribute to this crazy industry I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment