Thursday, June 21, 2012

Help! I have a problem.



I want to see this movie.  Normally I will just throw caution to the wind and go see any movie by myself.  But I am getting to a point in life where I feel a little self conscious going to a children's movie without any children.

When my son was small I got to see all the kids movies.  But with a few exceptions it wasn't a pleasant experience.





"Lion King" was a good movie. 





"Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" was not.





The whole Harry Potter series was awesome. 





"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was the opposite of awesome.

So here is my dilemma.  When my oldest niece, now almost 21, was young I would take her to these movies.  But by the time she was ten or so her tastes veered off into another direction.  My youngest niece is now 17 and leaving for the army in a couple of months.  Since then all the children in my life seem to be boys.

I love the trailer for this movie. 




The lead character is a strong female character.  She isn't going to sit back and have her fate decided.  She takes care of herself and is a rebel. 

So here is the problem.  I need to borrow a girl for an afternoon.  About eight years old, still on the princess train, that I can take to this movie. 

I want to see it. 

I want to see it with a girl who needs to know that girls can kick butt too! 

I want her to know that girls can rescue themselves.

I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment