Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What Are The Odds?




Most mornings I wake up at 4AM.  I have been doing it for a while now and my alarm clock almost never goes off.  I usually feel my bladder saying good morning about ten minutes ahead of time.  Once the old bladder gets my attention, it doesn't snooze.

This morning I had to get up earlier.

Once a year my office has its carpets deep cleaned.   I volunteered (or was volun-told) to come in early and relieve the night manager, who'd stayed late, and oversee the process.

So today my alarm went off at 1:45AM.  It isn't even morning yet at that time.   I woke up before my alarm as this is normally my get up and pee time.  I don't mind as any other day I can look at the clock and be thankful I have two hours left.  Not today.

So I get through my morning. 

I took lunch at 8AM. 

Then at a little after eleven I told my people to have a good day and headed home. 

My husband, who gets up at 3AM met me there at noon and I was ready to tip back in my recliner and catch up on the hours I missed this morning.

But sadly it was not meant to be.

I had dozed off.  Then it started.

Today.

Of ALL days.

Is THE day.

My neighbor decided to take out her 100 year old tree.  

So blocking my driveway. 

And making a lot of noise.

Is a HUGE industrial wood chipper.





How's your day going?



No comments:

Post a Comment