Saturday, May 26, 2012

Grease - 1978





I can't believe I haven't written about this movie.  This is one of the iconic movies of my youth.  I remember in sixth grade pretending to be the Pink Ladies at recess.  For some reason I was always Rizzo.  This wasn't my choice.  Every girl wanted to be Sandy and end up with Danny.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I really like musicals.  I think the world would be a sunnier place if we all broke into song on occasion.  If you're having a bad day you could walk down the hall singing a soulful ballad.  It would be awesome. 






If you're having a good day you could break out into joyful song.  Your friends and strangers would join you in a huge choreographed number.







There was a big re-release of the this movie in 1998.  I had never seen it on the big screen so I grabbed one of my best friends and went to the theater.  I had really forgotten the awesomeness of this movie.  In the dark theater this song came on and all my teen fantasies came to life.






John Travolta is pretty hot in this movie. 

I was watching this movie just this morning.  I came in right before the dance off scene.  I couldn't stop watching it.  It has everything a person needs in a musical.


Young love.






The slutty bad girl with a heart of gold. (Why do sluts always have hearts of gold?)







The bad boy who is really sensitive.






Goofy girl with pink hair.






And for some reason at the end there is a flying car.





John Travolta will never wear those jeans again.





Olivia Newton-John will never be that sweet and innocent looking again.





But we'll always have those Summer Nights.




It is a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment