Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar Nominations 2013!




The playoffs have begun.  My husband is watching football and I need to see some movies.  I have only seen one of the Best Picture nominees.  Last year was probably one of the worst years for new movies for me. 

I am a little ticked that they have 9 nominees.  In the old days with only five nominees I could crank those out in the month between nominations and the ceremony.  Now if I haven't seen them already, it is nearly impossible. 

I saw Argo.  I would like to see Silver Linings Playbook and Amour.  I'm not sure about Les Miserables.  I like a good musical, but I don't know about a couple of hours of fighting and crying.  I don't think I want to see Life Of Pi.   

For the acting categories, I did see The Master.  I will never get all the acting ones.

I did see two of the animated ones.  Brave and Wreck It Ralph were both awesome.

Should be an interesting awards season. 

See the list below:

BEST PICTURE
Amour
Argo
Django Unchained
Les Misérables
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty
Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Silver Linings Playbook

BEST DIRECTOR
Life Of Pi – Ang Lee
Lincoln – Steven Spielberg
Amour – Michael Haneke
Silver Linings Playbook – David O. Russell
Beasts Of The Southern Wild – Benh Zeitlin

BEST ACTOR
Denzel Washington – Flight
Bradley Cooper – Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis – Lincoln
Hugh Jackman – Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix – The Master

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin – Argo
Christoph Waltz – Django Unchained
Robert De Niro – Silver Linings Playbook
Philip Seymour Hoffman – The Master
Tommy Lee Jones – Lincoln

BEST ACTRESS
Emmanuelle Riva – Amour
Jennifer Lawrence – Silver Linings Playbook
Jessica Chastain – Zero Dark Thirty
Quvenzhané Wallis – Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Naomi Watts – The Impossible

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams – The Master
Anne Hathaway – Les Misérables
Helen Hunt – The Sessions
Sally Field – Lincoln
Jacky Weaver – Silver Linings Playbook

BEST ANIMATED FILM
Brave
Frankenweenie
Paranorman
The Pirates! In An Adventure WIth Scientists
Wreck-it-Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment