Thursday, January 17, 2013

Finally My Golden Globes Review

Oh my, I don't know where this week went.  I had a sick day on Monday.  Not a whole day, I left after three hours feeling like I was going to throw up.  I got my Chicken N Biscuits and that helped.  But I didn't eat any dinner.  Here it is already Thursday and I haven't blogged. 

I was up late Sunday watching the Golden Globes.  Late for me anyway.  It just reminded me that I haven't seen any movies that were nominated.  But I did see the Best Drama, "Argo".  I love that the Globes has Drama and Comedy/Musical as separate categories. 



Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were awesome hosts.



They had fun.

They were witty.  I loved this quip from Tina when 24 year old winner, Lena Dunham thanked the other nominees.

"Congratulations Lena, I'm glad we got you through middle school."





Jodie Foster kind of came out and kind of retired.  My husband who gets up even earlier than I do had just gone to bed when it happened.  I texted him.  (What?  He was upstairs.  I'm supposed to scream up the stairs?)

I texted:  Jodie Foster just came out on the Golden Globes.

(Yes, I am one of four people that spells out the whole thing in texts! And uses punctuation.)

He texted back: Wow.  Thank her wife or what?

(My husband is one of the four)

Me: Her coparent and former life mate.

Him: So she's available now?

That's my husband.  I love him.

So after the awards I think I going to see "Silver Linings Playbook".  I'm not sure what else. 

My favorite speech was Adele for Best Original Song.




"I've come for a night out with my friend Ida. We're new mums. We're literally here for a night out.  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your world for a night. It's amazing. We've been pissing ourselves laughing at all of you".

I love her songs but it is so funny to hear her talking like Eliza Doolittle. 

It was a fun night.  I am ready for the Oscars.


No comments:

Post a Comment